09 October 2009

striving for ... balance ....

It's an amusing concept .. really it is .. what makes it so amusing?? Well dictionary.com states that balance:

–noun
1. a state of equilibrium or equipoise; equal distribution of weight, amount, etc.
3. mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc.
24. to serve as a counterpoise to; counterbalance; offset: The advantages more than balance the disadvantages.



Well there's more, but these suit my purpose just fine - striving for balance in my life. When i had the that (*&#$)(*#$ 2 - 11 shift, i had NO life whatsoever - all i did was sleep and work .. and eat. With the next shift, I did MUCH better .. that one was 10am - 7pm - kind of a blechy shift - but compared to the previous one .. it was nirvana!! I got to see my family and see my friends ... During that shift we started to do knatter again ... once a week, we would get together; drink starbucks, knit or whatever hand project of choice we wanted to work on :D.

I finished my kitty quilt at knatter and it's even been washed too! my idea of raw edging the appliquilted parts worked like a charm .. they could fray a wee bit more to suit me, but it's still fantabulous! No pics of it yet .. but soon .. and imitating a lump on the couch under it just perfect! It was great to get this 10 year plotted and planned quilt done and usable!!

I was mid-way thru my sleeves for my "Purple Hoodie or Not", and in the the past 2 months, with mostly working on this once a week - I am now stitching the seams together! Even bought the zipper for it .. All I have left to do is the sleeve and side seams on both sides .. and it's got some serious heft to it .. boy is this gonna be nice and toasty warm! I'm guessing with Reg being gone for 3 weeks farm sitting, I'm going to have a load of time to watch NCIS and get this done :D

I'm going to use the red I have in this yarn for my next sweater .. I just LOVE what I've picked out ... but it might be a serious challenge and a half based on comments I've read .. but again .. I'm not one to NOT do something b/c it gives ppl issues .. heh . .if anything that's a goad for me to actually do it .. and this in red is going to be just so awesome! - Check it out .. Pasandra - Berroco.com Knits. I want to read it over before i jump in and see what all the fuss is about .. it's gorgeous and it'll be GREAT for work!!

heh .. my new shift which I've only been doing a week is 8 - 5 - sunday mondays off again .. which was my second choice .. but getting up at 6:30am is an adventure and a half LOL ~ but, the 7:30am wake up time got easier and easier for me .. right about now I need a sleep-deprived coma to help me along ... I might just do that on Sunday :D

3 comments:

  1. Gloria in SW MO10 October, 2009

    Grace, you live! I was just wondering about you the other day. Intriguing sweater you're wanting to try; will be interested in how it goes. I'm gearing up to knit something, too. (Fall always does that to me.) Definitely a pair of socks but am thinking about a sweater as well. Decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gal - it's great to see you 'back amongst the living!'

    I've been seriously craft deprived - so much going on that I haven't been able to get into working on anything. Ginger is recovering from cancer surgery on her hip - that's what's been so distracting. We won't get the path report back until Tuesday - so have more days of distraction to look forward to! And I've been 'busy' wasting time on FaceBook instead of blogging... Take care of yourself - and if you need help coming out of your coma I could loan you a boxer complete with "lampshade" around her head to wake you up. It worked for me at 5 am today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you're doing more knitting than quilting these days. Your post reminds me of all the years of shift work I did as an RN. I hated mornings -- still do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visit. Please feel free to post a comment .. I love to get them ;)