10 February 2009

To the Front!!

One of my cmas gifts was the Full Indian Jones Series, and with Reg not having to get up at 6am or work all nite due to lack of snow, we've been watching them. We watched The Last Crusade and I took advantage of that time to do start the front of my "Or Not" Hoodie. This was supposed to be a pullover, but I converted it to a full zippered front cardi.

The math was actually fairly easy on this one. The placket required 10 sts in the middle and I subtracted 10 from the cast on amount then divided that by 2 for each side. I wrote down each row in the pattern for armhold shaping etc, and will follow that where needed on the front. I figured that I would work both sides at the same time to ensure that I'm decreasing, shaping etc in the same exact spot. Figure that this will take the same amount of time as to do the full front.

I've not really done enough of the pattern yet for it to really show yet, but here's a closer shot of the left side (well right when wearing it) These pics were taken to late to take advantage of the daylight so I had to mess with them in photoshop. I've no clue why this particular purple shows up as blue with the camera flash, but it drives me nuts!

I'll be working on this again tonite and will hopefully get more done than I did last nite. After Reg went to bed, I had to press his shirt for his game tonite and fold the uniforms and warm-ups .. (that took me 1 ½ hrs!! I hate doing the warms ups .. you have to resnap the legs on the pants ** sigh), so there wasn't to much time left that I was 'alert' to knit., so that's as far as I got.

I read ahead to the shoulder part and it's going to be fun to do .. it's a true saddle shoulder where the bind offs for the front, back and sleeves all fit together like a jigsaw puzzle .. I had better get all my stitches right and to make my life easier, I'll be blocking the shapings and bind off areas ..

Here's the part I'm referring to and what's made this easy as you are picking up and knitting around the hood and placket, so I'll just extend the picking up all the way down to the bottom :D how cool is THAT!!?

From Casual Hooded Pullover

Finishing
Block pieces by pinning to size and covering with a damp cloth until dry. Do not press.
Insert sleeves into armholes, and sew edges of saddles to front and back shoulders. (Bound off edge of saddle
forms part of neck edge.)
Beg at top front, with RS tog, sew hood pieces tog along top and down back, using an invisible seam. Turn hood
right side out.
Pin hood in place, matching front edges with front neck opening, aligning back seam with center back of neck
edge, and easing shaped edges to fit. Sew hood in place.

Hood and zipper band
With circular needle and RS facing, working from right to left, beg at right bottom of front opening, pick up and
knit 38 sts to top of neck, 88 (88, 93, 93, 98) sts up right hood edge to top center, 1 st in seam, 88 (88, 93, 93, 98)
sts down left hood edge to top of neck, then 38 sts to bottom of front opening. (253, 253, 263, 263, 273 sts)
Note: Be careful not to stretch bottom of zipper opening as you work.
Row 1 (WS): *P1, k1, p1, k2, rep from * to last 3 sts, p1, k1, p1.
Row 2: *K1, p1, k1, p2, rep from * to last 3 sts, k1, p1, k1.
Rows 3-6: Rep Rows 1 and 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visit. Please feel free to post a comment .. I love to get them ;)