13 February 2008

Border Run ..

Yesterday I was going to attach my borders - measure my quilt, almost perfectly square :D .. just a 1/2" difference top to bottom and side to side i am plus/minus 1/8" of 48" .. I did my math and realized i was going to be pretty close with my fabric. Believe it or not, there was just TOOO much purple GASP I never thought I would EVER say that LOL. so the border was a great way to create some space between the top and border. But then i remembered that my original math did call for one border with different fabrics in it .. so I got to thinking - what could i do that wouldn't detract from my kitties .. Linda Marie in NJ inspired me to use a piano key border (Thank you!!!). I decided to do angle cuts so i could have wonky strips .. I've cut these long enough to use this as my binding as well. Heh and at this point, I've got enough strips cut that I can do a kitty fabric sting quilt.

I got a sizable enough piece stitched and cut and put it up against the quilt top - I cut it 4 1/2" wide (4"finished) - hmmm .. i think i have to much border (!) **HELLASIGH** I'm so cursed some days me thinks .. I thought a bit, and said .. narrower .. so i moved the border over by half and it really does look MUCH better - In the pics i took, the wider version looks better .. but live the narrower one is better. Gives it a more distinctive frame

I think that I'm going to do the narrow .. create a nice 'frame' and contrast and separate the kitties from the outer border. heh .. also, i've got my strips half done then if i cut these in half ;)

My mouse inspector Kyle even says that the narrower one is better - amazingly enough this kid has some great taste and makes some really good choices for colours and clothes. Must be genetic - from MY side ;)

1 comment:

  1. Heh heh, I don't suppose you've got an opinion on the border from Reg! Would he be too scared to offer up an opinion after the last one he dared share?! Joanne in NZ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visit. Please feel free to post a comment .. I love to get them ;)