28 January 2008

Re(a)d all over ..

Red Scrappy swap blocks are done .. For the last block I decided to do the Squares and Diamonds from Quilt Mags Stash Blocks - both blocks turned out VERY well and I'm quite pleased with them. I still have to put frames around the cornucopia block and the disappearing 9 patch, but those blocks are staying here .. I'm not sure if I'm going to red or white framing .. we'll just have to see. I just have to package them as per swap instructions and mail them off .. I can't wait to see what I'll get back from this .. I'm soooo excited .. a new nap quilt for me :D :D :D

I'm still researching my repo quilt .. i've found a listing and some pictures of actual blocks from that time frame and the blocks that i've seen so far are all in Around the Block which is GREAT! Now I just have to decide on the size .. Altho, I think that's going to be decided more on amount of each fabric that I have and actual block count. With a king size bed as my canvas, I'm sure I can have some fun .. but I'm thinking maybe 10" .. we'll just have to see.

I've let my kitty quilt sit for a few days and I will be working on the fillers for that in the next day or two.

Kyle has a pretty busy schedule for basketball .. he made the school team and has a game tomorrow / today?? (monday) and is in a tournament on tuesday. So i might not get as much quilty time, but i'm going to enjoy watching him play!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Grace - saw your post on the FW board... nice blog!
    - Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visit. Please feel free to post a comment .. I love to get them ;)